STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math) education can provide many benefits to children, even those who don’t grow up to become scientists and engineers. STEM activities can promote innovation and creativity and eventually prepare them for higher education.
Art can be a great way to introduce kids to STEM. Get both sides of the brain working with this fun Art Bot project:
- Battery-Operated Electric Toothbrush
- Flexible Tube (We recommend a pool noodle or wrapping paper tube)
- 2 Pipe cleaners
- Pom Poms
- Cut the tube slightly larger than the length of the toothbrush.
- Cover one hole of the tube with tape, with the sticky side facing inward. This will be the top of your Art Bot.
- Flip the electronic toothbrush upside down and place it inside the tube. The bottom of the brush should stick to the tape.
- Tape 3-4 markers along the bottom of the tube with the marker tips pointing down.
- Puncture two holes through the side of the tub and insert two pipe cleaners. This will be your Art Bot’s arms.
- Decorate your Art Bot with pom poms, yarn, markers and colorful paper. Don’t forget to add eyes and a smile!
- Use your new Art Bot to color one of our free coloring sheets.